Indium Phosphide is used in high-power and high-frequency electronics because of its superior electron velocity with respect to the more common semiconductors silicon and gallium arsenide. It also has a direct bandgap, making it useful for optoelectronics devices like laser diodes.
GigPeak has extensive experience in designing modulator drivers in InP with applications in 100G to 1T coherent and metro networks. The high breakdown voltage compared to SiGe, its good linearity and noise, and high Ft make Indium Phosphide IC design indispensable in some of the high end applications.
- High gain that enable IC designs with small footprint
- High breakdown voltage compared to SiGe technologies
- High frequency operation up to 45Gbps due to high Ft
- Good linearity and noise performance
- 100G and 400G Coherent Networks
- Metro Networks