The HXT4101A VCSEL driver is a key component for compact, high-performance, low-power optical modules. In conjunction with the VCSEL, the chip handles the complete digital-to-optical conversion, including CML input, laser driver, drive control, and supervision.
The HXT4101A can be used in standalone mode (no microcontroller need), or in an I2C-controlled mode. The I2C interface and the embedded monitoring circuits enable fully programmable OSAs with co-packaged VCSEL and driver, for example low-power SFP+ modules using Smart TO-cans®.
Both operational modes require a small number of additional components resulting in low cost, compact, high yield assemblies.
- Low power consumption of 65 mW per channel while delivering 7 mA average and 7 mA modulation current
- 10 mA Average and 10 mA Modulation current max.
- 15 mA burn-in current max.
- Complete set of control and diagnostic features
- A/D read-out of temperature, effective VCSEL current and monitor photo-current
- I2C control interface
- Standalone modes for operation without microcontroller
- OC-192/STM-64 transmission systems
- 2G/4G/8G/16G Fiber Channel
- USB 4.0 active optical cables
- SONET OC-192 with dual FEC
- Avionic optical interconnects
|HXT4101A -DNT||-40 °C to +100 °C||Bare Die 1.1 mm x 1.1 mm|