GigPeak to Showcase Live Demos at OFC 2017 Addressing the Challenges of Massive Growth in Cloud and Networking Services
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 14, 2017– GigPeak, Inc. (NYSE MKT:GIG), a leading innovator of semiconductor ICs and software solutions for high-speed connectivity and high-quality video compression over the network and the cloud, today announced that it will be showcasing products at OFC 2017 that address the massive growth in the datacenter and telecom markets. GigPeak’s latest solutions help solve the challenges associated with the continuously increasing requirements for higher densities and greater speeds as cloud and networking services become central to consumers’ lives.
Visit GigPeak at OFC booth #3231 to see the latest in 200G PAM4 VCSEL and DML driver technology. These new devices increase optical networking bandwidth density and will be used in 200G and 400G applications. They also offer the best power dissipation in the market, as well as automatic power control, programmable CTLE equalization, and OTP for calibrating over temperature. The company will also highlight 100G LR transmitter optical sub-assembly (TOSA) and receiver optical sub-assembly (ROSA) reference designs, in partnership with Shijia Photons Technology. Finally, GigPeak will demonstrate a 64Gbaud quad-channel linear optical modulator driver in a 14mm x 9.1mm Surface Mount Technology (SMT) package for 400G/600G coherent applications.
GigPeak’s datacom demonstrations will include:
- GigPeak HXT14400: A 4-channel 200G PAM4 VCSEL laser driver designed to enable a doubling of the data rate from 100G to 200G within the same form factor and foot print.
- GigPeak HXT14100: A 1-channel 200G PAM4 VCSEL laser driver designed to enable a doubling of the data rate from 100G to 200G within the same form factor and foot print.
- GigPeak HXT44400: A 4-channel 200G PAM4 DML laser driver designed to enable a doubling of the data rate from 100G to 200G within the same form factor and foot print.
- GigPeak HXT44100: A 1-channel 200G PAM4 DML laser driver designed to enable a doubling of the data rate from 100G to 200G within the same form factor and foot print.
- GigPeak HXT42400 in TOSA reference design: A 4-channel 100G LR NRZ DML laser driver in 100G transmitter optical sub-assembly (TOSA) designed to enable customers to build their own TOSA by following GigPeak’s reference design.
- GigPeak HXR42400 in ROSA reference design: A 4-channel 100G LR NRZ TIA in an 100G receiver optical sub-assembly (ROSA) designed to enable customers to build their own ROSA by following GigPeak’s reference design.
- GigPeak HXC42400: A 4-channel 100G LR NRZ CDR with the lowest power consumption in the industry, to be used together with the 100G LR NRZ TOSA/ROSA reference designs.
GigPeak’s telecom demonstrations will include:
- GigPeak GX66471: The 4 ch 64Gbaud driver, a promising solution for linecard and pluggable module vendors to bring 400/600G products to the telecom market.
About the 200G PAM4 VCSEL and DML Driver Live Demonstration
GigPeak will demonstrate its solutions for 200GbE SR4, LR4 applications utilizing the soon to be production released GigPeak HXT14400 VCSEL Laser Driver and HXT44400 DML Laser Driver. The 200G demonstration will showcase the devices combined to deliver 200Gbps of throughput using 28Gbaud PAM4 technology. The performance for each of the devices is optimized to deliver error-free performance with PRBS traffic across the fiber. It highlights the ability of the VCSEL Laser Driver HXT14400 to transmit optics for VCSEL-based applications, such as 200GBASE-SR4. A second demonstration showcases the ability of the DML Laser Driver HXT44400 to transmit optics for 200GBASE-LR4 applications. Both devices are readily available for evaluation on an evaluation board in single and quad-channel configurations.
About the 100G TOSA/ROSA Live Demonstration
GigPeak will demonstrate its reference designs for optical sub-assemblies for 100GbE LR4 applications, utilizing the in-production GigPeak HXT42400 Laser Driver and HXR42400 TIA ICs. The 100G demonstration will showcase the ability of the combined devices to deliver 4 x 25.78Gbps over more than 10Km of single mode fiber. The transmitter optical sub-assembly (TOSA) and receiver optical sub-assembly (ROSA) designs are optimized to help customers build their own TOSA and ROSA to achieve vertical integration for the 100G LR modules. The optical sub-assemblies use Shijia Photons Technology’s TOSA/ROSA design and packaging capabilities. The partnership with Shijia allows both ease-of-evaluation and ready availability of the designs. The samples are currently available on evaluation board with a convenient digital user interface, and quick module level design and integration. Samples are also available in die form for customers wishing to evaluate GigPeak’s DML driver and TIA in their own platform. GigPeak will also be sampling 56Gbps PAM4 DML drivers and TIAs in die form, as well as Shijia manufactured TOSAs and ROSAs, available in the second half of 2017.
About the Linear Optical Modulator Driver Live Demonstration
GigPeak will demonstrate the GX66471, which is a 64Gbaud quad-channel linear optical modulator driver in a 14mm x 9.1mm SMT package for 400G/600G coherent applications. The driver has differential input and single-end output interface with a 4.5Vpp output voltage swing, which is suitable for driving the Lithium Niobate Mach-Zehnder Modulator. The live demonstration will show the time domain output waveform with 64Gbaud PAM4 modulated signal, corresponding to an electrical domain signal to convert a 16QAM optical signal in succeeding optical modulators.
Members of GigPeaks’s executive, product, engineering, and sales teams will be available at OFC booth #3231 to answer questions and demonstrate the company’s latest innovations
GigPeak, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GIG) is a leading innovator of semiconductor ICs and software solutions for high-speed connectivity and high-quality video compression over the network and the cloud. The focus of the company is to develop and deliver products that enable lower power consumption and faster data connectivity, more efficient use of network infrastructure, broader connectivity to the cloud, and reduce the total cost of ownership of existing network pipes from the core to the end user. GigPeak addresses both the speed of data transmission and the amount of bandwidth the data consumes within the network, and provides solutions that increase the efficiency of the Internet of Things, leveraging its strength in high-speed connectivity and high-quality video compression. The extended product portfolio provides more flexibility to support changing market requirements from ICs and MMICs through full software programmability and cost-efficient custom ASICs.
Source: GigPeak, Inc.
Dr. Raluca Dinu, 408-522-3117
Darrow Associates, Inc.
Jim Fanucchi, 408-404-5400