SiGe Integrated Circuit Designer (Job Code CS)
REPORTS TO: Senior IC Design Engineer
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
The qualified candidate should be well versed in RF and analog circuit design in SiGe processes with a solid understanding of device physics, semiconductor and electromagnetic modeling, and semiconductor processing. Experience with high frequency wireless or optical circuits, and low noise, high linearity design is strongly preferred. The position will include design with both HBT (Bipolar) and CMOS transistors. A qualified candidate should be proficient with the Cadence design environment and will have demonstrated an ability to design commercially viable products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- A solid understanding of device physics, semiconductor and electromagnetic modeling, and semiconductor processing.
- Demonstrated expertise with circuit design tools (Cadence, ADS, Golden Gate)
- Familiarity with layout, DRC and LVS CAD tools.
- Experience with time and frequency domain measurements for IC characterization.
- DC/100GHz circuit design, simulation and layout of amplifiers LNAs, mixers, frequency multipliers/dividers, VCOs, attenuators, switches, limiters, phase shifters.
- Variety of narrow band and broadband circuit designs including matching circuits at the chip, package, and circuit board level.
- EM simulation
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, plus minimum 7 years of experience.
- Must have hands on experience in high speed circuit topologies and standard CAD tools like ADS, Cadence design flow and deep knowledge on CMOS/BiCMOS SiGe process design.
GigPeak is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for, as well as the Job Code (if listed).