Senior ASIC Design Engineer (Job Code WL)
REPORTS TO: Director of ASIC Engineering
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
GigPeak plays in the exciting and fast-growing markets of networking and video streaming. Our products are essential to enabling telecom, datacom, and wireless access market system manufacturers to meet the insatiable need for speed, bandwidth, and high-quality video compression.
GigPeak acquired ChipX, an ASIC company in 2009. These ASICs have been in production since 1989 and over 2000 ASIC designs have been completed for many Tier 1 customers. GigPeak offers a wide range of Structured ASICs and Standard Cells, and has partnered with leading companies in Fab, Packaging & CAD technologies.
GigPeak currently offers ASIC solutions covering a wide range of requirements including:
- Customized ICs
- Optical ASICs
- Ultra-Wideband ICs
- GPS/GNSS ICs
- FPGA to ASIC Conversion
- Obsolescence Conversion
We are looking for talented people with long-term vision to fill several key positions at our offices worldwide. GigPeak will provide you with an aggressive base salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, 401(K) matching, and a fun and challenging work environment.
We are currently seeking a Senior ASIC Design Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of ASIC design development
- Meet schedules committed to customers
- Hands on technical services to support customers during design cycle from design submission through synthesis, simulation, layout, ATPG, and testing up to delivery
- Technical support and management for sales and marketing to secure and support new ASIC business; job includes opportunity analysis, cost estimation, and customer proposal generation
- Manage engineering interaction with other departments, especially operations and test
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of ASIC tools including P&R, Verilog, Synopsys DC & PT, and VHDL
- Strong background in the ASIC and IC business
- 5 years of experience in ASIC and IC design and management
- Experience in converting FPGAs into ASIC designs
- Integration of mixed signal IP blocks to digital ASICs
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required
- BS or MS in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
GigPeak is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to [email protected]. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for, as well as the Job Code (if listed).