Senior Analog IC Designer (Job Code EA2)
REPORTS TO: VP of Datacom Engineering
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
GigPeak is searching for a highly motivated circuit designer that enjoys working on leading edge technologies that will shape the high-speed communication market. The successful candidate will work on the architecture and circuit design of high-speed circuits and mixed signal blocks for optical transceivers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and simulate the functionality and performance of various high-speed analog circuits
- Responsible for circuit topology, optimization, simulations of the circuits
- Guide the layout floor plans
- Supervise the layout activities and give guidelines to layout designers
- Explore the trade-offs of the different approaches and propose the best solution to achieve or exceed the requirements in terms of power/area/linearity/bandwidth, etc.
- Lab characterization of the devices and debugging any performance issues that might arise
- Develop production test plans and help test engineers execute the plans
- Supervise quality verification of the manufactured devices, making sure it meets specs
- Must be extremely familiar with essential CAD tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, Incisive, Calibre
- Must have a proven track record of designing high-speed circuits in CMOS and Bipolar technologies and taking them to production
- Needs to follow the company’s design methodologies
- Must have an understanding of CMOS analog/mixed signal design techniques and circuit analysis
- Must have a good understanding of device physics
- Must have a good understanding of mixed mode verification methodologies and modeling
- Must work well with a team and cooperate with other local and remote team members
- Knowledge of optical communications
- Experience with laser driver and TIA design
- Experience with SERDES design
- M.S. in E.E. with 5+ years of experience in circuit design
GigPeak is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to [email protected]. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for, as well as the Job Code (if listed).