Firmware Engineer (Job Code RS2-W)
REPORTS TO: Manager Firmware Engineering
LOCATION: Waterloo, Ontario/San Jose, CA
Gigpeak is currently seeking a permanent, full-time employee for the Video Codec Firmware Engineer position available in San Jose, California or Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Key applications include Gigpeak’s industry-leading professional multi-format video encoder, decoder, and transcoder platforms. You will be involved in the implementation of designs for leading professional video equipment manufacturers. You will also be responsible for coordinating certain project activities within the group, and will have ownership of specific firmware design areas.
- Design, develop and support current and new firmware projects for customer platforms, as well as reference systems.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement video codec firmware for broadcast video applications.
- Develop real-time, multi-threaded embedded systems, and develop core firmware and services for high-performance multimedia hardware.
- Design, develop and/or support pre-silicon modeling and architecture, as well as encode/transcode/display quality tuning.
- Support VLSI and Systems teams on a variety of topics, including architecture, modeling, and various levels of debugging/verification.
- M.S. and 2 years of experience or B.S. and 5+ years codec developer experience
- Expertise in one or more video compression standards: H.264, MPEG-2, HEVC.
- Expertise in DSP implementation and optimization
- Working knowledge of various video broadcast standards (example: ATSC, DVB, NTSC, PAL)
- Expertise in real-time embedded firmware and software design
- Experience with device drivers, consumer electronics, broadcast video
- Extensive C programming experience required
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (VxWorks, embedded Linux/Unix)
- Strong analysis, design, and debug skills
- Independent work ethic to bring tasks to completion
- OOA/OOD is a plus
- Experience on X86-based code optimization
- Familiarity with x86 MMX and AVX instructions
- Experience designing low latency applications targeted for virtual machines is an asset
- Experience in concurrent programming
GigPeak is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for, as well as the Job Code (if listed).